QHSE Advisor (18-month FTC)
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Shirley Parsons has partnered with a major international contractor on this new opportunity in the Christchurch market. We are seeking a new QHSE Advisor to join an established NZ team. Our client specialises in high performance geotechnical solutions for all types of structures. The work across a range of projects from major infrastruture, through dams, and industrial builds. Typically they would work alongside businesses as a general contractor or specialist sub-contractor. This is a highly innovative, industry leading business, with over 10,000 staff globally.
Reporting to the Project Manager and with a dotted line to the National QHSE Manager, you will be the face of safety on-site. You will support operations on this high profile heritage project, driving engagement, monitoring compliance. The QHSE Advisor will have ownership for safety management systems on the project, providing support with broader risk management, QHSE reporting and incident management. You'll need to be outgoing, confident communicator, with prior construction industry experience.
The QHSE Advisor will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating and communicating visible safe work behaviours across the project
- Collaborate with the QHSE Manager to guide project teams to achieve industry leading safety standards
- Establish and develop strong working relationship with sub-contractors and key partners
- Assist with conducting accident/incident investigations
- Support the team to effectively and consistently implement environmental management systems
- Collate information and report against QHSE performance
- Previous H&S experience within the construction industry
- Prior foundation experience would be highly desireable
- Clear and confident communicator, able to drive engagement
- Outcome focused and able to work in an autonomous fashion
About Shirley Parsons:
Shirley Parsons is a global Recruitment Consultancy with 20+ years of expertise in Health & Safety, Quality and Environment & Sustainability. The ANZ team partner with organisations across New Zealand, Australia and APAC to assist in finding top HSEQS professionals for their businesses.
Isn't quite what you're looking for? Check out https://www.shirleyparsons.au/jobs for our full list of vacancies. Alternatively send your CV to contactANZ@shirleyparsons.com.
Vacancy Reference: PR/000029
Vacancy Owner: Duncan Cooke | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+64) 98 717 331