Safety & Wellbeing Advisor
$$$ Competitive Salary
Shirley Parsons have partnered with a well-known logistics company in Auckland who are looking for a Safety & Wellbeing Advisor to join their team. People are recognised as the company's biggest asset, with the organisation employing more than 750 staff over a diverse range departments, such as Multi-Cargo (vehicles, bulk, Pacific trade), Engineering, Container Terminal Operations, Marine and Main Office support.
Reporting to the Senior Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner, the role is operational, providing a visible face for safety on site and supporting managers on incident investigation, hazard management and best practice. You will play a part in the implementation of strategy, maintaining a positive culture and building on the relationships of all stakeholders on site.
The Safety & Wellbeing Advisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Senior SWBP in implementing the Safety Strategy and Annual Safety Plans
- Guide managers and supervisors to take responsibility for the management of safety
- Assist with staff inductions
- Support significant incident investigations - ensure timely and accurate close out and implementation of corrective actions.
The Safety & Wellbeing Advisor will have:
- Experience working in dynamic and complex high-risk environments (aviation, construction, oil & gas, aviation etc).
- Have the ability to build the relationships and influence change on a large scale.
- Practical working knowledge of the HSWA, Contractor Management and the Return-to-Work process.
- A high level of competence in understanding JSA / SWMS / PTW and confident working with IT.
- Level 6 qualification (preferred)
For this opportunity we can only accept applications from indviduals with Right to Work in New Zealand.
About Shirley Parsons:
Shirley Parsons is a global Recruitment Consultancy with 20+ years of expertise in Health & Safety, Quality and Environment & Sustainability. The ANZ team partner with organisations across New Zealand, Australia and APAC to assist in finding top HSEQS professionals for their businesses.
Isn't quite what you're looking for? Check out https://www.shirleyparsons.au/jobs for our full list of vacancies or alternatively send your CV to contactANZ@shirleyparsons.com.
Vacancy Reference: PR/000025
Vacancy Owner: Hannah Martinez | email@example.com | (+61) 451168870