Senior HSE Advisor
Open to Rates $$
We are seeking a Senior Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Advisor to join a well renowned team in Sydney. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, this role involves leading HSE initiatives within the designated Maritime government defence contract until the end of June 2024, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and company standards. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in fostering a culture of safety and environmental responsibility while providing leadership to HSE Advisors. If you have the right attitude to work, and display a willingness to be involved, there may be the potential for an extention of this contract. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on a classified project. This employer is a global business so you may be provided with the opportunity to work internationally at project end (subject to employer discretion).
**You MUST be an Australian Citizen and hold baseline security clearance to apply for this role**
The Senior HSE Advisor will be responsible for:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all matters related to WHS and environmental concerns within the assigned contract.
- Develop and implement HSE policies, procedures, and plans in accordance with company and legal requirements.
- Provide leadership and management oversight for the HSE function within the contract.
- Drive initiatives to manage critical risks and enhance HSE performance.
- Analyze HSE performance data, identify trends, and implement proactive measures to prevent incidents.
- Conduct site visits to monitor HSE compliance and conditions.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and participate in tender submissions.
The Senior HSE Advisor will have:
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in a similar HSE Advisor role in a highly regulated industry (oil & gas, construction, aviation, defence).
- Relevant certifications including Cert IV, NSW White Card, Health & Safety Management and First Aid.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and legislative requirements.
- Skills: organisation, analytical, ability to influence at all levels, communication (listen to understand), decision making
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on HSE performance within a global organisation. If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we encourage you to apply.
About Shirley Parsons:
Shirley Parsons is a global Recruitment Consultancy with 20+ years of expertise in Health & Safety, Quality, and Environment & Sustainability. The ANZ team partner with organisations across Australia, New Zealand and APAC to assist in finding top HSEQS professionals for their businesses.
Isn't quite what you're looking for? Check out https://www.shirleyparsons.au/jobs for our full list of vacancies. Alternatively send your CV to contactANZ@shirleyparsons.com.
Vacancy Reference: PR/000034
Vacancy Owner: Hannah Martinez | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+61) 451168870